Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Resolution Kept - for now...

Operation: Spice Up Dinner has officially commenced. Today I went through Giada's Kitchen by Giada De Laurentiis and In Great Taste by Evelyn H. Lauder and bookmarked four dinners for the week.

Menu: 1/31 - 2/6
Sunday: Tilapia with Parsley Sauce
Monday: Whole Wheat Linguine with Ricotta, Lemon, and French Beans
Tuesday: Chicken with Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
Wednesday: Orzo-stuffed Bell Peppers

Tonight, I made Tilapia with Parsley Sauce from In Great Taste. The recipe called for Halibut, but apparently Shop Rite didn't get the memo, so I had to make do with Tilapia. The recipe also makes 6 servings, and since Kurt is at work again tonight, I had to cut the recipe down by 1/6. Not the easiest fraction - especially when you're trying to reduce 1/4 tablespoons by 1/6 - but I did it.

The recipe was very simple, as was the dish itself. The Tilapia, after being sauteed for 5 minutes in a pan, is topped with a sauce of lemon, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt, oil, and water. The result was citrusy, refreshing. I served it (to myself) with sauteed spring vegetables. A very simple dinner, but something a little different than my usual. A good start, I think. I do think I'm well on my way to becoming a top-notch chef!

No comments:

Post a Comment