Monday, November 26, 2012

Strangers in Our Home


This weekend, Kurt and I FINALLY finished painting the front porch and windows (no more 2-tone blue windows!). We bought some new house numbers and re-hung our flag. Our place is finally looking decent from the outside (if you ignore the severe lack of landscaping – that’s to come). While there are still a few things to work on on the exterior of the house, we’re starting to focus our attention on the interior. Many of our walls are still blank and boring, so we decided to hang some pictures.

For me, hanging pictures is a stressful activity, mainly because the holes in the wall are pretty permanent. I like knowing exactly what I want to hang, exactly where I want to hang it. Kurt is more of a fly by the seat of your pants picture-hanger. I stress over the perfect placement, while he just picks a spot and hangs a picture. While it stresses me to no end, I’ve learned we make a good team. I spend time assessing, moving, re-moving, arranging on the floor, while he pushes me to just hang a damn picture already. The thing is, without his pressure (ahem, encouragement), our walls would still be blank. So here is a picture of the fruits of our teamwork: our new and improved stairwell (yes, some of these frames still have the stock photos in them, but we figured we’d hang them anyway and find pictures for them as we go). What do you think? I think it finally looks like actual people live in this house, even if those people are stock models/strangers.




2 comments:

  1. Looks great - love it - but the one frame is not aligned. It is off center. Totally kidding. Can you guys come over and do my stairwell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! Anytime! We're pros now ;-)

    ReplyDelete