Friday, December 2, 2011

A Few Things That Have Nothing to Do With One Another

1. I just discovered an amazing thing: DayQuil and NyQuil LIQUIGELS! No more disgusting liquid NyQuil. Whenever I’m sick, I swear by NyQuil, but I dread taking it. When it’s time to take a dose, I prepare myself and get out a full glass of water and a piece of bread. The bread is the only thing that gets that awful taste out of my mouth. But now the geniuses over at the NyQuil Company have made it so I don’t have to use an entire loaf of bread each time I’m sick. Plus, it’s way easier to carry a bunch of liquigels in your purse than a bottle of medicine.

2. Our wedding video is now up on vimeo. When we first started planning a wedding, I didn’t want a videographer. The main reason was I didn’t want to have to watch myself on video. I didn’t want to see the awkward dancing or bad angles. Friends of mine (one of whom is a wedding videographer herself) encouraged me to get a videographer. “You won’t regret it.” “It’s totally worth it.” And I scoffed and stood my ground. But at the last minute, a man Kurt works with offered to do our video for a very reasonable price. The price was so reasonable, we just couldn’t pass it up. And boy am I glad we didn’t pass it up. He did a beautiful job. I was so impressed with this video (and it’s only the “short” version). I love watching it, something I never thought would happen. Ok, I still don’t love the awkward dancing part and look away every time it comes up, but still. I think my favorite part is when one of my bridesmaids ducks the bubbles. So, if you’re into watching wedding videos, click here. It’s only 8 minutes long. If you’re not and feel like you’ve wasted an entire 2 minutes of your life reading about wedding videos and feel like you haven’t gotten anything out of this post, click here to see the biggest insect in the world.

PS - if you're looking for a videographer, Bob Beebe is your man.

No comments:

Post a Comment