Monday, September 21, 2009

I am full of glee

About a week ago, I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of Kurt trying to put together a TV stand. I went out into the living room and he informed me that one of the boxes had scratched our new leather couch. I was still too asleep to answer this properly. All I could manage was a loud sigh and a “we JUST got it”. “I promise I’ll fix it! I’ll figure something out!” he told me. Well, fix it he did. He used brown shoe polish and you really can’t even tell there’s a scratch there. Yesterday, we had friends over for football. Kurt’s brother and his girlfriend were there (his girlfriend had given us the leather couch). This is the conversation between Kurt's brother's girlfriend and Kurt.


Kurt’s brother’s girlfriend

Looking at the couch, “How did you fix that scratch!?”


Me (in my head)

How the hell does she know about that scratch??


Kurt

“I used shoe polish”


Kurt’s brother’s girlfriend

“It had been there since I got it and didn’t know how to fix it. That’s amazing!”


At that, Kurt just looked at me and we both started laughing. “See? It wasn’t even ME and you hated me for it!” I responded – “I didn’t HATE you for it!” “No, you just said (SIGH) ‘we JUST got it!’” So I felt bad – I blamed him for something he didn’t even do. But in my defense, HE hadn’t noticed it before either. I can’t imagine how neither of us noticed a big scratch on the front of the couch before that incident! Incredible. So, mea culpa. I’m sorry honey. I will never assume you're to blame ever again ;-)


Did I mention he broke our iron this morning? Yea, there's a gaping hole in it. But I'll never assume he's to blame from now on. Right.


So I know you're all dying to hear about the bachelorette party. It was a blast. The stripper was good – he came dressed as a cop and the bride-to-be actually thought he was a real cop, which just added to the hilarity. He sparked many interesting discussions such as, but not limited to, Does he stuff? How does he not get turned on? Is he gay? You know, really intelligent topics of conversation. We took tons of pictures, but I won’t be gracing this page with pictures of an almost naked man – sorry! The maid of honor and I stood in the corner, laughing and taking pictures while the rest of the girls had fun with the guest of honor. The bride-to-be had fun which was all the mattered to me. Between the stripper and what he inspired - (everyone (except me and a few others) dancing around in their underwear (after he left of course)), we had a lot of fun. I have to say I thought for a second I walked into every man's dream when I came downstairs and saw everyone dancing on the couches with no clothes on. At the end of the night, the Italian mother came out in me and I made two Digiorno pizzas for everyone as “sustenance” - apparently I kept repeating this over and over - so they wouldn’t be hungover the next morning. I was slightly - ok somewhat more than slightly inebriated, yet miraculously, I managed not to burn the pizzas AND to turn off the oven when I was done. Well done, Amy, well done.


No books to report on right now – I’m busy reading manuscripts, but we DID just get the new Dan Brown book in our mailboxes last week, so I can’t wait to start! And I'm completely obsessed with Glee. I informed Kurt last night that I want to be in glee club - let's forget for the moment that I'm not in high school and can't sing or dance. Kurt's response? "You should! You're so full of glee!" I am full of glee. And that's the most important thing. I could be the 25-year old high school senior wannabe, attempting to dance and singing off-key, but at least I'm full of glee. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I Love GLEE. That show is addicting.

    FYI we own a pack of Sharpie's in every color, I've fixed many things with them from furniture to shoes!

    ReplyDelete