Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I should have been a symbologist

I started Dan Brown's new book, The Lost Symbol, today on my way home from work. I'm 46 pages in and already I can't put it down. I'm hooked. Brown's writing is so captivating and the subject matter is interesting and mysterious. Reading this novel, I think I should have been a symbologist. I love love love this stuff - Freemasons, symbology, alternative science, religion, ancient rituals, history. I can't get enough.

I'm sure you're thinking Wow, this girl is a serious nerd. Yup, I am. But if you're reading this, you probably know me, and should have figured that out by now. And that's why I love Brown's books so much - I feel like I'm learning something, even though the story is fiction. His books make you think and I love that. My favorite books growing up were the ones that make you think - Nancy Drew, The Giver, even The Giving Tree. Sure, I love a good chick-lit book or a good guilty pleasure, but I find the ones that challenge me to think differently or open my mind the most fulfilling.

There's a relatively new band in the world of country music that I've fallen in love with: Lady Antebellum. So far, every song I've heard by them, I've loved. Check them out, even if you don't love country. They're worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment