Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Foliage

On Friday, my sister, Kurt and I took my dad to see Jeff Dunham's show for his birthday. If you've never heard of or seen Jeff Dunham perform, please click on the link below. He's a ventriloquist stand-up comedian and he is hilarious. I can't decide which character is my favorite. It has to be either Walter or Achmed. The best part of the show was during Achmed's part where Dunham couldn't stop laughing. I love when comedians crack themselves up. For about ten minutes, he couldn't get anything out because he would laugh every time he tried to speak. The funny thing is, I don't think I laughed as hard during the scripted parts than I did during what would be bloopers in a sitcom.



This weekend, I realized something that left me very depressed. As I was driving, I noticed that the leaves are changing colors. This is one of my favorite times of the year for this very reason. What left me depressed is the fact that I just noticed this. Presumably, the leaves have been changing for awhile. I've just been oblivious. In the morning when I leave for work, it's dark, so I see no colors. When I come home from work, it's also dark, so still, I see no colors. And I work in a city, so I see no green during the day. My goal has been to slow down and notice the beauty in the world. This just proves that I still need to learn to open my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment