Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Elephants Never Forget, But Apparently, I Do

Ok, I know I know. I've been REALLY bad at posting. I can't believe my last post was in November! How crazy is that? To all my loyal fans, I'm sorry. And I've missed you. Really.

A few weeks ago, one of my friends sent me this and I just had to share it. For all of you have no idea what I'm talking about, see my last post, yes, from November.

Tons of things have happened in the last few months, including, but not limited to, my getting married (pics coming soon) and changing my name (which was much harder and more annoying than I thought it would be), going off blood thinners and being able to drink again (yay!), getting an iPhone (and addicted to Words with Friends), running the 10-mile Broad St. Run (during which I vowed never to run more than 5 miles again), and then signing up for a half-marathon last week on a whim (apparently, I have a VERY short memory). Don't worry, I'll catch you all up in excruciating detail as I get back into my blogging groove.

Let's get started with what I did this weekend. Yesterday, I drove the hour to LBI to visit my dear friend at her family's beach house. I realized I could actually spend the rest of my life laying on a beach. I also discovered that until yesterday, my life was incomplete. My friend and I drove to a little bakery on the island and bought the most amazing thing I have ever tasted: Elephant Ears. I know what you're thinking.
Those big, unwieldy, dry, puffy things at the corner bakery? Yup, those. Let me just say, I've had those before and these were nothing like the ones I see in my corner bakery. NOTHING. These Elephant Ears were more like cinnamon heaven. They were thin and crispy, not doughy, covered in cinnamon and sugar (and apparently pecans, but they must have been crushed in the dough because I didn't see any). And we bought 7. They were for her family, for the week (or at least the next 3 days), but I honestly could have eaten ALL 7 on the way back, and almost did. By the time we arrived back at the house, we had 6 and a half to present to the fam (they're about as big as a hubcap so a half is more than it sounds). What? Don't judge me. You haven't tried these. And did my friend share the blame with me? Did she admit to the few bites she had along with the 50 bites I had? NOPE! She totally threw me under the bus. However, she did introduce me to my new love, so I guess I can forgive her.

Last book on my nightstand:
Life of Pi by Yann Martel. This review is short and simple: I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. I know I'm a little behind the times and everyone's already probably read this one, but if you haven't, go buy it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment