Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ready for the Rapture


1. If you aren't on the East Coast, don't have Facebook, or otherwise live under a rock, you might not know that we had an earthquake today. At around 2pm, everyone in my office building came out of their respective offices and cubicles and started talking about earthquakes and evacuating. Having felt nothing, nada, zip, AT ALL, I thought they were talking about some past experience they had all shared elsewhere. Not so. Virginia experienced a 5.9 earthquake and we felt it all the way up in Jersey. Well, everyone except me, apparently. Is it bad I'm disappointed I didn't feel it? I am fully aware that earthquakes are major deals and usually cause mass destruction and casualties and I am grateful it was small, so small in fact that I didn't feel it when others around me did. I am not making light of earthquakes or victims of earthquakes. I know how scary and dangerous they can be. But it was my first earthquake, it was small, and there was no mass destruction and casualties, so I can be focused on something trivial right?

2. Kurt was working from home today and saw a horse and carriage passing our house on Main Street. I know we live in a small town, but this is highly unusual. And, the horse was RUNNING, like going as fast as the cars. And on the carriage were 3 or 4 Amish men. And did he take a video of this sight so that I could share this strange occurrence with you? Nope! Did he stop them and hire them to drive me around until midnight like Cinderella? No. He didn't. I mean really, would that be too much to ask?

3. Rumors are circulating that Will and Jada are breaking up.

4. There's a hurricane headed our way this weekend.

I'm ready for those Rapture people to claim they made another mistake in their prophecy, and that the Rapture is actually this weekend. Given these four factors, I think it's pretty safe to say the world is officially ending, right? Also, that maybe I'm not Cinderella. It makes sense. I suck at housekeeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment