Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Don't Say I Never Gave You Anything


I've recently discovered an amazing blog I think you should all start reading. It's called Nothing But Bonfires and is one of the most hilarious blogs I've ever come across. I've actually gone back to the beginning and started reading posts from when she started blogging in 2005. I'm now on October of 2007. I know what you're thinking, but don't judge until you've read a few posts. Holly is funny, quirky, utterly and sweetly self-deprecating. And obsessed with Target. I want to be her friend. And in my delusional mind, I feel like I already am. I am also insanely jealous of her life. She does the most interesting things, travels to interesting places, and shares her experiences with a heavy dose of humor and wit. With pictures. And a British accent.

My favorite posts (I'm not sure she does them anymore since, as I said, I'm only up to 2007. Yes, I know, I'm pathetic, obsessed. Whatever.) are Secret Bachelor Tuesdays, in which she recaps episodes of The Bachelor, complete with baudy details and hilarious commentary. You can't NOT laugh out loud. I don't even watch The Bachelor. I can't bring myself to do it. Partly because I can't stand the contestants with their fake boobs and constant drama and partly because I know that if I start watching, I won't be able to stop. But her recaps are a saving grace. I can READ about the episodes instead. Because reading is learning. No matter the subject. Right? That's what I tell myself at least.


So march your little butts over to Nothing But Bonfires and meet Holly. Pronto.


Also, if you're so inclined, check out the other blogs on my favorite reads list to the right. They're written by some of my incredibly talented and interesting friends.





2 comments:

  1. yay! I love her blog! i definitely laugh out loud more often than not. I love the "bad decisions." I wish there were more of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I think I'll be a little depressed once I catch up to the present and don't have 3 or 4 posts to read each day :-)

    ReplyDelete