Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2012 Resolutions, Update


Happy Leap Day everyone! I think it's important for you all to know that I have down absolutely nothing exciting or out of the ordinary on my extra day. I hope you did. It’s been 2 full months since I made my resolutions. I thought you’d like to see a little update, a report card if you will, on how it’s going.


Stop spending money on Tall Caramel Macchiatos. Since the start of the New Year, I have not gone to Starbucks once. (Ok, that's a lie. I wrote this post a week ago and since then my espresso machine has mysteriously stopped working. For the past 5 days, I've been good and only had tea, but today, I broke down and stopped at Starbucks. But I figure, since it's Leap Day, it doesn't really count. I mean, next year, Leap Day won't even exist!) Not counting today, (which I won't because it doesn't exist 3 out of every 4 years), my homemade, morning latte has now become part of my routine (which, for me at least, is the only way to make a successful life change). And once I "troubleshoot" (seriously, that was the exact word the Customer Service Rep at Cuisinart used) my beloved espresso machine and hopefully have it back up and running, my routine will be restored. I bought a large bag of espresso beans for $25 and even after making a latte every weekday morning (I weirdly prefer tea on the weekends), I haven’t used nearly half of the bag. So, this new little habit of mine has helped me save enough money for…


Buy a pair of Frye Boots. …these gorgeous boots: 


Use coupons. I finally found the perfect solution to my never-remembering-to-use-coupons problem: Ziploc bags. Seriously. I took all the coupons that were laying around in my purse slowly expiring and put them all in one little sandwich bag. It reduces clutter and for some odd reason, makes me more mindful to use them. I have absolutely no idea why this might be, but hey, it works. 


Get a hubcap. I get a big fat FAIL for this one. At least so far. Did you know hubcaps were like $50? If I had known that, upon arriving home and seeing my hubcap missing, I would’ve gotten right back in my car and retraced my route to find it myself. $50? Seriously? For something that doesn't even DO anything but make your car look respectable? I might resort to asking for one for my birthday in April. I’m all for restoring my car to its rightful state of unghetto-ness, but there are so very many things I could spend $50 on…like 12.5 Tall Caramel Macchiatos.




And finally, for the last day of Beauty & Inspiration, here is a beautiful quote on life. Here's to being thoroughly used up.


No comments:

Post a Comment