Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 5

Ok, I know this might not be the conventional idea of beauty, but I love this picture. I saw this tree and manhole on my run in the park this morning. They're in the middle of a field,. As I passed them once, twice, three times, I started to wonder about that manhole. I'd seen it hundreds of times on my runs in that park, but I never really gave it a second thought. Where did it lead to? Why is it positioned at the base of a tree? My imagination started running wild. Maybe it's a secret (or not so secret) entrance to an underground city inhabited by Keebler elves, or maybe it's a Cold War era bomb shelter, or the entrance to a tunnel that runs under the town. It made me feel like a kid again, playing make-believe, believing in magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment