Monday, February 13, 2012

Two for One


Ok, I totally dropped the ball yesterday and forgot to post something beautiful. I’d love to say it was because I was doing something fabulous and enviable, but in reality, I spent the day lazing around in my pjs, cleaning, and doing laundry (Sidenote - while washing the sheets, I accidentally washed our TV remote. Fun times.) Anyway, today you get 2 beautiful things, you lucky readers you. Enjoy!

Thing 1:
I found this article yesterday while surfing the internet and I just love it. How many times have you seen a hateful message scrawled in graffiti on your streets and walked by, choosing to ignore it? I’m sure I have. The woman featured in this article has decided to take a stand against hate in her neighborhood. It’s so brave and inspiring. I want to hug her.

Thing 2:


I found this picture on Pinterest today. It makes me want to live in France – in a tiny village or in Paris, doesn’t matter – and get around only by bicycle. I don't own a bicycle. My two modes of transportation are limited to my own two feet and my car. There aren't many places for me to go by bike (without arriving a sweaty mess), so unfortunately, it really doesn't make sense in a "transportation sense" to own one. But I think there's something so romantic about riding a bicycle. I'm not talking about a racing bike or mountain bike, I'm talking about a biking-at-a-leisurely-pace-in-a-skirt-with-flowers-in-the-basket old-fashioned, up-right bicycle. This picture made me realize my happy place - riding along a cobblestone street in an old European city on my way to buy flowers in an outdoor market. Yes, my happy place is that 1950's...and that specific.



To see other beautiful things from this month, click here and scroll down.

2 comments:

  1. Let's rent bikes one day and peddle around P'ton! I have the same daydream :)

    ReplyDelete