Thursday, March 25, 2010

All-nighter

Tonight's the night. I have my EEG in the morning, so I'm not allowed to sleep. I've been up since 5, just got home from work, and now I have 12 hours of wakefulness ahead of me. Ali's coming over to stand guard and make sure I don't fall asleep. It'll be a night filled with girlie movies, junk food, and late-night diner runs - a typical sleepover...without the sleeping. This will be a running post tonight, hour-by-hour. So check back for periodic updates if you're up all night with nothing to do. Here goes nothing.

9:30pm - blogging and eating a milkshake. Ali just got here. Kurt's friends are here to watch basketball. I'm already tired. It was a long day. Spring Break 2010 Party at work today.

11:00pm - Ali and I are reminiscing. The boys are listening to our crazy stories from middle school. I'm pretty sure Kurt is now wondering what he's getting into - if he wasn't before.

12:20am - My eyes are starting to close. Switching from contacts to glasses soon and am now chugging Dr. Pepper. Still watching b-ball which is helping keep me awake. Really want to sleep.

2:00am - Getting a second wind. We just played rock band for the past hour. I'm a master on the drums. Eight hours until I can go to sleep. Ali and I plan to go to an all-night diner around 3. Apparently, most of the diners near us aren't open 24 hours anymore! I'm a little upset. This is New Jersey! What are people supposed to do at 2 and 3 in the morning after going out drinking all night? Ali and I will find one. I know Crystal is open 24 hours, but we're going to stick to Rt. 130 and drive North until we find something. Road trip!

4:30am - We just got back from our mini road trip. Apparently, there are no 24 hour diners in New Jersey. We drove for about 20 minutes up Rt. 130 past two diners, both closed, before we headed to Lawrenceville and Crystal Diner. On the way, we got Dunkin Donuts coffee. The smell of it instantly woke me up (I'd been falling asleep in the car - don't tell Ali). When we walked into Crystal, the manager told us they were closing in 30 minutes (!?!?). What happened to all the diners?? We ate quickly and left before 4:00...and stopped at Dunkin Donuts again. The man at the drive-thru recognized us, laughed, and gave us some free munchkins. Now we're home and I'm much more awake than I was before eating and drinking two lattes. Only 3 and a half hours until my appointment and 5 hours until I get to sleep again!

6:20am - Normally I'd be leaving for the train station about now. I did it! I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. I can't believe I made it. We just finished watching Town & Country - weird, weird movie, but cute. The sun is coming up and it feels good to have accomplished this and stayed up all night. Thank you Ali for being such a good friend and staying up with me! You're the best!

10:30am - Just got home. EEG went well. Probably should not have driven to the test. I could feel my body trying so hard to shut down the whole drive there. Weird experience to say the least. I still have goo in my hair, but I don't care. All I can think is SLEEP. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment