Tuesday, March 23, 2010

White Lies

So I had an awesome weekend. Not only was the weather beautiful and warm and made me never want to be inside again, I also learned that I have the best family and friends ever. Kurt and I were going to lunch at my friend’s parents house with my dad on Sunday...or so I thought. When I opened the door, our bridal party and close family were all there to surprise me. They had thrown me a surprise engagement party! (And I say “me” because Kurt knew about it, not because this wedding is all about me, which I know it’s not ;-)) Once I got over the initial shock and confusion (I can’t wait to see the pictures from when we walked in – I’m sure the look on my face says “whaaaat??”) I was very very touched. Kurt thought he had blown it a few times, and if I were a suspicious person, he probably would have, but I had absolutely no idea. There were clues throughout that I just never thought twice about: Kurt wearing a polo without my prodding, my father dressing up for “lunch,” Kurt calling “lunch” a party and then backtracking. Yet I remained blissfully unaware. I still can’t believe my friends and family pulled it off and managed to lie (white lies of course, but lies nonetheless) to me for months. I know they worked so hard and it was absolutely amazing. My sister even went as far as to call the township and have them change the St. Patrick’s Day parade! At the last minute, the township had changed the course of the parade, sending the bagpipers and paraders down the street we needed to take. She called them and told them what they were planning and they didn’t block off the street! My sister kicks butt. It was absolutely perfect; the weather, food, family, and friends. I am a very very lucky girl.

On a completely separate and random note, I need to start taking vitamins. I say this about once a year. If you haven’t yet noticed, I’m the kind of person who gets stoked about/obsessed with something for a short period of time, and then just as quickly, bored with it. Every so often, I vow to take a multivitamin every day. It lasts about a week, and then the bottle sits on my desk, in front of my computer screen where I look at it everyday and think “I should really take my vitamins,” but still it sits, untouched. Pathetic, I know. Well, you all heard about my appointment with the migraine doctor and all the crazy tests I have to have to make sure my brain is lesion-free. He has also recommended that I take Magnesium Oxide and Riboflavin every day along with my vitamins (because I lied and told him I take vitamins every day). These are natural remedies (Riboflavin is B2 and found in fortified cereals – you would know this if you liked to read cereal boxes, like me). Not only would these reduce my migraine occurance, but the occurance of ALL headaches. You’d think I’d jump right on that right? Wrong. I keep meaning to, but haven’t bought them yet. Today though, I made the first step and took my multivitamin. Next step, CVS for some MgO and B2. Maybe writing it down will actually force me to do it. And then my headaches will magically disappear...for the week or two that I remember to take the pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment